Tuesday, January 3, 2012

#oneword2012


Many of you have seen the facebook posts or tweets about #OneWord2012 in fact one of our former conference keynotes Teri Bump just posted some great thoughts on how one might go about choosing their one word for 2012!  To me watching the one word posts from 2011 was inspiring and a bit scary.  What if I couldn’t follow through and live my “one word?” What then? Well, what happens then is apparently painless– the group and those around us still are supportive and maybe even more so – encouraging you to reach your goals.  Who knew!

So Region IV-West I’m putting this out to you.  My #oneword2012 is FIT.  And while yes I do mean fit in terms of getting physically healthy and dropping a few ton, I mean fit in other ways too.  Indulge me:

  • Get “fit” -- Lose tonnage – I’m still at my college football playing weight – but that ended twenty years ago and I no longer need to look or feel like an offensive lineman.  I actually need to listen to my Aunt who has been telling me for years that I can get all my nutrition from veggies. But don’t tell her that I’ve been listening.  
  • Get “fit” professionally – take time to pick up that article or blog, rather than the xbox controller (although that has been great time with my kids – maybe after they go to bed)  
  • Get “fit”blogging – I haven’t done a great job of keeping up on personal thoughts related to different aspects of our roles and lives, and I think I have something to share.  So I need to get on this. 
  • Get “fit” spiritually.  Many of you know that it has been a challenging year, but it has been learning how to lean on my faith that has been the a lifesaver. I don’t know what works for you, but I know it has helped me, and boy do I need help
  • Get “fit” mentally.  Dr. Teresa Clounch posted on FB “ are you going into 2012 “bitter or better” and someone else posted don’t enter into 2012 thinking about what you want to lose, but what you have to gain.  That’s going to be my focus.

I hope you take the time to think about and share your #oneword2012 – it’s really up to you, and you have nothing to lose.
So – IVWest….What’s your one word?

No comments:

Post a Comment