Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Updates from the National Board!

It has been a week since I returned from the NASPA Board meeting in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Although we didn’t get outside as much as I would have preferred, it was a fabulous experience and one I hope you all get to enjoy at some time.

I have to say that the Board meeting was the most exciting and energetic meeting that I have been at to date. The National Board, under the guidance of Dr. Patricia Telles Irvin, was able to put together a strong strategic plan for NASPA at the national/international level. This plan will be rolled out next week to the entire membership, and I am very excited to be a part of it.

As you all have seen, our amazing Executive Director Dr. Gwen Dungy has announced her retirement at the end of March 2012, and we will be working to find her replacement during the fall and spring semesters. Talk about big shoes to fill.

On the regional level, we are focused on our Denver Conference: “Views that Inspire.” With registration live online and over 70 programs submitted for only about 30 program spots, it looks like it will be the best conference yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment