Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Board Meeting Prep

Tomorrow I am heading to the NASPA Region IV-West Board meeting, and it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much I hate being away from my family for even a short period, how energized I can be by working with such great people. And while in Denver we will get the chance to see the hotel where our conference will be held.

Earlier today I learned that Earle Doman and the 2011 Conference committee had already racked up over 40 program proposals (have you submitted yours?) and are prepped to get rates approved at the meeting so you can take advantage of year end dollars for the conference registration. Additionally Emily Griffin-Overocker will have an update on NPI - which was probably one of the best experiences of my career.

As a board we have a lot to accomplish. Looking at the survey results, I am hoping to continue to generate interest in a mentoring program as well as continue to look for ways to reinforce the value of NASPA to its members.

I hope you will check back on the blog for more updates, but now I better get packed. 4:30 a.m. is going to come early, but at least I get to spend the days with great people

No comments:

Post a Comment