Monday, August 30, 2010

Submit!

Guest post by Kristen Abell, NASPA IV-West IT Coordinator and Technology KC Representative, as well as the genius extraordinaire behind this blog.

I'm stepping in on the blog for Eric today since he's tired of me suggesting topics for posts I think he should write. When I sent this one to him, he sent it right back and "suggested" that I take it on - so here I am.

If you recently submitted a program to the Region IV-West Conference and had it denied (or heck, even if you had it accepted), what better way to either jump back on the horse or keep your momentum rolling than to send it in to the national NASPA conference? You have a whole new set of reviewers to peruse your submission, and a whole different type of conference where you can reach even more people. Having seen sessions at previous IV-West and national conferences, I just know we have a bunch of talented people in our region who could share their expertise nation-wide. Let's share the wealth!

Proposals for the national conference are due next Friday, September 3rd, though, so if you're considering submitting that program, I'd get hopping on it. They are also using a very cool new way to help presenters find other professionals with similar presenting interest - the Presenter Match - yay for networking in areas of professional interest. Who knows? Maybe you'll find the co-author for that next article or book you were thinking of writing.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great presentations at both conferences, and I hope some of them will be by you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment